Saturday, June 12, 2010

The What?!

Okay so I have decided to start again in my blogging endeavor. My previous attempt at a blog was a failure and one of the reasons why is because it had a crappy name. I was kind of embarrassed by it and I used it only because I couldn't think of anything better. So when I joined booksneeze.com I realized I would be sharing my blog with tons of people. I promptly realized that I had to start over and spent some time mulling over a new name that described me. I finally decided I would go with bluestocking spinster. For those of you who don't know, a bluestocking is an old fashioned word for someone who was well read/educated. Eventually the word actually became an unflattering word to describe a smart woman who didn't care as much for "feminine" type things such as silk stocking and typically dressed in unrefined woolen ones. This of course was a deterrent to men seeking a woman's hand in marriage, they didn't want a woman as smart or smarter than they were. Which brings me to spinster. Everyone knows the meaning of that word and suffice it to say I am one at the age of 28. Don't get me wrong I am perfectly fine with it despite the well meaning comments from friends and family on how I should be thinking about marriage and it will soon be too late to have children. Well that is plenty for a first post and I need to get my current book finished so I can review it and get another:)

No comments:

Post a Comment